2.19.2010

Not so much impressed with 2010 so far...

I really want 2010 to be a fantastic year in our lives but so far it hasn't exactly started that way.

Late in 2009, my grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. He and my grandma spend their winters in Texas so when their trip was delayed for testing at the Mayo clinic, I knew they were not happy! Luckily, he is able to undergo treatment in Texas where they can enjoy the weather - at least.

Then in January, Brad's grandma on his mom's side died suddenly in her sleep. It was VERY hard for his entire family. She had SUCH a personality and is so missed!

This past week Brad's grandfather on his dad's side was taken to the hospital after he was confused about where he was, started speaking in German and couldn't get his body to move when he wanted to get up. Turns out he has a cancerous mass on his brain that is too big for surgery. We are heading out of town to go see him and the rest of Brad's family tomorrow. We aren't sure what the options are for him.

So, it's been a hard year so far. Live life to the fullest!

1 comment:

ambersnotebook.comhttp://www.ambersnotebook.com/ said...

I'm so sorry April! I will keep you and your fam in my thoughts. What a hard way to start the year.