5.15.2011

Long hur, don't care: Garnier Simply Shine Clear Gloss treatment

So, it has been more than NINE weeks since I last got my hair cut/colored. That's frickin' forever in my world. There was a time when I got my hair done about every four weeks!

I finally made an appointment for this coming weekend but decided to pick up a shine gloss treatment to get me through the week. Garnier's Simply Shine Clear Gloss treatment was about $7 bucks and you can't beat that. It was easy to apply, definitely smelled like an at-home color treatment (not sure why I wasn't expecting that) and there was plenty of mix to cover my long and pretty thick hair.

The one thing I didn't like is that my hair still smelled like box o' hair color after the rinse and condition. I followed the instructions exactly and there was no mention of shampooing the treatment out, just rinse and then condition. All in all it did make my hair softer and more shiny! I also swear that it made my roots look just a bit lighter. A few days later my hair still feels softer and looks more shiny and vibrant than it did before.

Overall, I'd give it a B+ because it worked and for $7 I wasn't expecting it to compare to my beloved (now banned from my head) Brazilian Blowout!

No comments: