Trader Joe's Cilantro and Jalapeno Hummus: I didn't know if I would be a big fan of hummus or not but this stuff is SO SO SO good! I love that it's super spicy and there's a little circle of cilantro and extra jalapeno in the middle for even more spice. While I would love to eat it with pita chips, I've been cutting up small cucumbers from the farmers market for dipping.
There are 80 calories per 2 tablespoons. Which sounds like a lot but a little goes along way because it's so flavorful.
Grilled beets: There's a weekly farmers market at my office during the summers so I've been picking up bundles of beets to grill. I peel and slice them then put them in foil with a little bit of olive oil and kosher salt. Grill for about 20 minutes and move them around a bit while cooking so the ones on the bottom don't get stuck to the foil. I could eat them plain but I've also been putting them on a bed of arugula (or any salad mix) with a bit of goat cheese or Gorgonzola crumbles -- both from Trader Joe's. Here's a picture of our dinner last night -- this is Brad's plate, not mine! He had 2 pork chops and a bake potato with his. Mom stuck with just one small pork chop, beet salad, grilled zucchini and corn off the cob.
Laughing cow cheese + Frank's wing sauce: I've always been a fan of laughing cow cheese but lately I've been mixing 2-3 wedges of the blue cheese variety with some Frank's wing sauce. I microwave it for maybe 20 seconds and then mix in shredded chicken and/or chopped celery. You can eat it like that or I also like to use celery or carrots for dipping. Sometimes I top it with crumbled blue cheese and microwave to melt it in a little bit. It is heavenly! And for only 35 calories per wedge, a damn good snack!




No comments:
Post a Comment