- Cut the crap. One of her first recommendations after seeing my food diary, was to cut the artificial sweeteners, diet soda, etc. I had heard that in the past never really understood why. Okay, so I don't exactly remember the reasoning -- something about the way your body takes so much extra effort to process the junk -- and she said I would be better off putting full fat creamer in my coffee and drinking a regular soda, if necessary. I've basically cut out all diet soda and only had a regular soda once. The calories are just not worth it to me! And I've started using full fat creamer and real sugar instead of fat free or sugar free french vanilla creamer. This sounds like the opposite of effective but I do like the thought of not putting so much fake, artificial sweeteners, etc. into my body.
- Workout when and how you can. I used to think that in order to get a good workout, I needed to carve out an hour of time, have an entire outfit ready, etc. I also thought I couldn't work out after work or I wouldn't be able to fall asleep at night. Now I realize I can do push ups and v-sits/planks during commercials in my pajamas, swimsuit, etc. I can do stair runs and even hop on the elliptical in our house for a short time. It doesn't have to be this big, planned out ordeal. I know I just used all those reasons as an excuse to do nothing. Now I see that something is always better than nothing! I've also realized that I can workout from 7-8 p.m. and be snoozing by 10 p.m.!
- Eat more fruit! I actually eat pretty clean most of the time and already get a very good intake of fruit and vegetables. But I've heard that fruit has a lot of sugar in it so it's actually not that good for you. She said that eating fruit would help kick start my metabolism. Now I try to combine fruit with a lot of things I would already eat. I have a banana in the morning and then a Greek yogurt at work around 10 a.m.. I eat berries, watermelon, etc. and string cheese as a snack in the afternoon. I also eat frozen grapes as my after-dinner snack. I still have my red wine, sometimes chocolate, etc. but I do feel a lot better with more fresh produce in my diet.
- Know what works for you. I've been a member of a few different gyms depending on where we were living/working at the time and always absolutely hated everything about going. I would drag myself there at peak time, have to park super far away (ironic that I couldn't stand a far walk to get inside the gym), not be able to find an empty locker, no machines would be open, etc. I also really hated trying to dress in front of others and seeing other people's
strangeunique locker room habits. Yes, I am the girl who would go in the changing room to change. Now I can see how much Ican tolerateenjoy working out outside. Even if it's 90+ degrees out, it still beats the sweat-filled gym! So, the lesson here is to know what works for you -- the gym, classes, working out at your home, outside, etc. I have also learned that running long distances is probably not for me but sprints and interval workouts are great because I love the variety and it helps the time go by quicker.
7.12.2012
Tips from my trainer
Here are a few diet and exercise tips that I've learned from my trainer. I will share more as we go and some of my favorite rabbit food healthy recipes, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I. NEED. THOSE. LEGS!! And of course all those tips... I need to get myself a trainer!
Post a Comment